Yes you can obtain your drivers licence without going for physical capturing. It is called “capture bypass”
1. Go to www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
2. click on dl application.
3. Click on renewal of drivers licence
4. Insert your licence number and date of birth.
5. Your record will be pulled out and you can select the center where you wish to pick up the permanent licence. but please select “no” where you are asked if you want to recapture biometric information towards the end of the form.
Note: You are to select “yes” only if you want to recapture your biometric information.
6. Click on proceed to pay.
7. Select the payment mode you wish and click on proceed.
8. After payment please proceed to the capture center for proper documentation.
The fee for obtaining licence is as follows; #6,350 for 3 years and #10,450 for 5 years
Obtaining A Licence For The First Time
Step 1 Attend training at an accredited driving school.
Step 2 The driving school will then present you to the Vehicle Inspection Officer (VIO) for a driving test.
Step 3 Pass the driving test and obtain a certificate of proficiency from the VIO.
Step 4 Complete the driver’s licence application form at the Driver’s Licence Centre (DLC).
Step 5 Pay the licence fee online or at the Bank.
Step 6 Present your application form to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) Officer and VIO at the DLC for endorsement.
Step 7 Proceed to the FRSC Officer at the DLC for biometric data capture.
Step 8 Obtain a temporary driver’s licence valid for 60 days.
Step 9 Pick up original driver’s licence at the BIR Office after 60 days.
The fee for obtaining licence is as follows; N6, 350 for 3 years and N10, 450 for 5 years