The annual expenditure on fuel, both for individuals and companies, is not an amount to be underestimated and is usually a good pinch of anyone’s income.
If we add to this fact the upward trend in the price of oil in recent weeks, it is clear that our pockets may tremble if we do not put measures in this regard. For all those interested in knowing how to save fuel , here are some practical tips that will allow you to reduce expenses in a significant way and, what is no less important, to pollute less by reducing emissions.
How to spend less fuel?
In the case of heating everything is reduced to two aspects mainly:
- Moderate temperature : a temperature of 20 ºC is the most pleasant and pleasant for homes and establishments.
- Continuous operation : setting the thermostat at a moderate but constant temperature saves significant amounts of fuel.
In the case of the use of vehicles for transport savings can be achieved in two ways:
- Performing an efficient driving . This point can be a greater saving than you think, allowing greater comfort and safety in driving. Here’s how to spend less fuel through efficient driving.
Techniques for efficient driving
- Keep your vehicle ready : making changes to fluids and filters, controlling wheel pressure, keeping the steering aligned, or correctly distributing the load are key elements to saving fuel.
- Starting : start the engine without pressing the accelerator. In diesel engines, it is advisable to wait a few seconds before starting the journey, as this allows the oil to be in optimal conditions.
- Start the march in first and change as soon as possible to second.
- Circular in the long gears keeping the vehicle at low revs.
- Anticipate and maintain the safety distance . We will have greater fluidity in driving, avoiding frequent gear changes and braking.
- Never drive with the car in neutral . In addition to consuming more fuel , the instability of the vehicle increases considerably.
- Turn the engine off at stops of more than 60 seconds .
- Adapt the speed of the vehicle before entering a curve or roundabout. Sudden braking only serves to have to start the vehicle again, increasing fuel consumption.